Fried fish with mediterranean oven vegetables and Skordalia
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings)
- 800 g local fish fillets (e.g. trout)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tbsp virgin olive oil
- a small piece of butter
- fresh thyme
- salt, grond pepper
- 1 bunch green asparagus
- 400 g cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 bunch spring onion
- 1 tbsp capers
- 4 pieces of dried tomatoes in olive oil
- 8 pieces Kalamata olive oil
- 1 organic lemon, juice & zest
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 tbsp virgin olive oil
- salt, ground pepper
- 800 g potatoes, floury cooking
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 organic lemon, juice and zest
- 50 g nutze, e.g. almonds or walnuts
- 80-100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 3-4 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- salt, ground pepper
- fresh herbs, e.g. dill, basil, thyme
- For the potato-garlic dip, peel the potatoes, cut into large pieces and boil in salted water until soft. Drain, put in a large bowl and leave to cool.
- Mash/crush the potato.
- Mix the garlic cloves with the nuts, lemon juice, a little lemon zest, olive oil, maple syrup, salt and pepper to a fine paste. Then add to the potatoes and mix everything well. Now stir in some cold water and stir in some Greek yoghurt so that the dip debones nice and creamy. Season well again.
- Refine with fresh herbs. Refrigerate until serving.
- For the oven vegetables, cut off the woody end of the green asparagus and then cut into bite-sized pieces. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half or leave them whole. Cut the spring onion into bite-sized pieces as well. Put everything in a baking dish.
- Cut the dried tomatoes into small pieces, halve the olives and add to the vegetables with the capers.
- Add lemon juice, some lemon zest, maple syrup, olive oil, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Cook in the oven at 180°C hot air for about 30 minutes.
- For the fried fish, bone the fish fillets if necessary and cut into bite-sized pieces. Heat some olive oil with butter, a clove of garlic and some fresh thyme in a pan.
- Season the fish fillets on the skin side with a little salt. Place in the hot pan with the skin side down and fry for 3-4 minutes until crispy. Turn once and ry for another 1-2 minutes or leave at residual heat.
- Serve the fried fish with the oven vegetables and potato-garlic dip.