Greek yoghurt ice cream with apricot swirl and rosemary hazelnuts
INGREDIENTS (for 1 large bowl)
- 2 fresh organic eggs
- 100 g raw cane sugar
- 1/3 tsp bourbon vanilla
- 250 ml whipped cream
- 650 g Greek yoghurt (10% fat)
- grated 1 organic lemon
- 150 g hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 rosemary sprig
for the apricot sauce
- 350 g ripe apricots
- 50 g raw cane sugar
- 1 pinch bourbon vanilla
- For the apricot sauce, core the apricots, place in a saucepan with the sugar and vanilla and simmer gently for 5 minutes. Blend with a hand blender to a fine sauce. Leave to cool.
- Mix the eggs with the sugar and vanilla until creamy (using a food processor, 5 minutes). Then, slowly add the whipped cream, Greek yoghurt and lemon zest and whisk until smooth.
- Now we put the mixture into the ice cream maker and let it freeze for about 25-30 minutes to form a creamy ice cream.
- In the meantime, put the hazelnuts on a baking tray and roast them in the oven at 180°C for about 5-6 minutes until they are golden brown and fragrant. Rub off the skins with with your hands.
- Put the peeled hazelnuts with the honey and finely chopped rosemary in a pan and let them caramelize over a gentle heat. Transfer the nuts to a board and leave to cool. Chop coarsely.
- Just before the ice cream is read, add half of the nuts and freeze briefly (approx. 1 minute). Now spread half of the ice cream in a large bowl (preferably tree-cooled) and drizzle with half of the apricot sauce again and sprinkle with the remaining nuts.
- Now, put the ice cream in the freezer for about 2-3 hours and then you can start eating! If the ice cream has been in the freezer for longer (e.g. overnight), let it thaw for about 5 minutes before serving.