Spelt brioche hearts with jam
Lena from „Mein leckeres Leben“ conjures up the perfect recipe for you, so that you are prepared for Valentine’s Day:
Ingredients (for about 15 pieces)
- 500 g light spelt flour
- 1/3 tsp bourbon vanilla, ground
- 1 tsp Ceylon cinnamon, ground
- 50 g raw cane sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cube fresh yeast
- 300 ml lukewarm milk
- 80 g soft butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 4-5 tablespoons jam, e.g. cherry, strawberry or raspberry
- 1 egg yolk + 2 tablespoons milk for coating
- a few nuts, e.g. hazelnuts
- For the dough, place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and knead with the dough hook of the food processor until smooth and supple. Cover and let rise for 1 hour.
- Cover two baking sheets with baking paper and preheat the oven to 180°C hot air.
- Roll out the dough on a floured work surface into a rectangle about 20 x 70 cm.
- Spread the jam evenly on the dough.
- Roll up the two long sides evenly towards the center. Cut the dough strand into about 2 cm slices with a sharp knife.
- Spread the pieces on the two baking sheets and shape the dough hearts a bit with your hands and press them evenly so that you can see the heart shape nicely.
- Mix the egg yolk with the milk and brush the dough hearts with it. If desired, press one or two nuts into the dough.
- Bake in the oven for 13-15 minutes until golden brown.