MOM'S HOMEMADE APPLE STRUDEL
Nothing tastes better than a mom’s homemade apple strudel. Sabrina kocht (Sabrina’s Cooks) shows you her signature recipe:
- 250 g flour
- 250g quark
- 250g butter
- Pinch of salt
- 10-12 apples
- Cinnamon & sugar
- Sour cream
- 1 egg
- Icing sugar
- For the dough, mix the flour, quark, butter and a pinch of salt in a mixing bowl or knead into a dough by hand.
- Then pack the dough in cling film and let it rest in the refrigerator for 30 min to 1 hr.
- During this time, cut the apples into small pieces and mix with cinnamon, sugar and nuts.
- Add some breadcrumbs.
- After resting, divide the dough in half and form as desired.
- Spread the apples in the middle of the strudel dough and sprinkle some breadcrumbs on the edge. To refine, add a few dollops of sour cream, fold the strudel and brush with a whisked egg.
- Bake the two strudels in a preheated oven at 180 °C for approx. 45 min to 1 hr until golden brown.
- After cooling, sprinkle with icing sugar and serve.
AND ON THE DINNER TABLE.