Chestnut and parsnip soup with thyme-cinnamon-pear and walnut-date bread
Lena from Mein leckeres Leben (My Delicious Life) has come up with a new recipe for the Christmas time:
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings)
for the soup:
- 200 g chestnuts, cooked
- 2 parsnips
- 1 shallot
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 50 ml white wine
- 800 ml of water or vegetable stock
- 150 ml whipped cream
- ½ organic lemon
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Salt, pepper from the mill
for the garnish
- 2 pears
- 2-3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or honey
- ½ teaspoon butter
- Peel the parsnips and cut into small cubes. Peel and finely chop the shallot and clove of garlic.
- Heat some butter in a saucepan. Santee shallot and garlic cubes in it until translucent. Add parsnip cubes and chestnuts and sweat with them. Season with salt and pepper. Add the maple syrup and let it caramelize slightly.
- Deglaze with white wine and let it boil down.
- Pour in the vegetable stock or water and cover and simmer gently for 15 minutes. Add whipped cream and finely puree the soup. Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- For the garnish, cut the pears into small cubes. Sweat in a little butter. Caramelize with maple syrup and flavor with cinnamon and thyme.
- Serve the hot soup with a dollop of whipped cream (lightly whipped) and the pear cubes.
- 350 g spelled flour
- 150 g rye flour
- 20 g yeast, fresh
- 350 ml water, lukewarm
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 150 g walnuts
- 100 g dates
- Mix the two types of flour with the salt in a large mixing bowl. Mix the lukewarm water with the yeast and add to the flour with the honey. Knead the dough with the food processor for 5 minutes on the lowest setting. Cover and let rise for 45 minutes.
- Chop the walnuts and dates and mix / knead gently under the risen dough.
- Shape the dough into 10 rolls and spread them on a tray. Cover and let rise for another 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C hot air. Brush the rolls with water and bake for 25 minutes. Let cool down.