STUFFED RICOTTA & SHEEP'S CHEESE PUMPKIN
Lena from Mein leckeres Leben (My Delicious Life) has bought a fresh pumpkin and filled it with ricotta and sheep’s cheese. Simply DELICIOUS!
Pumpkin (for 2 – 4 servings)
- 1 Hokkaido pumpkin
- 200 g ricotta
- 1 egg
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 stick of spring onion, finely chopped
- 200 g sheep’s cheese
- 50 g pine nuts
- 2-3 sprigs of thyme
- A handful of parsley, freshly chopped
- 1 organic lemon, zest
- 2-3 tsp honey
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper from the mill
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Wash, quarter and core the pumpkin. Spread the fourpumpkin pieces on a tray, brush with olive oil and season with salt, dried thyme and a little coarse black pepper.
- Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes until the pumpkin is tender.
- For the stuffing, mix the ricotta with the egg, chopped cloves of garlic, spring onions, chopped parsley, a little lemon zest and 50 g of sheep’s cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Take the pumpkin out of the oven and spread the ricotta mixture over the four pumpkin pieces. Crumble the remaining sheep’s cheese (150 g) over the ricotta mixture, drizzle with a little honey, sprinkle with thyme and pine nuts and sprinkle a dash of olive oil over each piece.
- Bake in the oven for another 10 minutes. Serve hot!
Serve with homemade tomato sauce or sour cream dip.
AND ON THE DINNER TABLE.