TABBOULEH WITH SWEET POTATO, GOAT CHEESE AND PINE SEEDS
Lena from Mein leckeres Leben (My Delicious Life) shows us how to prepare this oriental dish as a main course.
Tabbouleh (for 4 servings)
- 200 g bulgur
- 1 cucumber
- 3-4 ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 bunch of spring onions
- 1/2 bunch of parsley, freshly chopped
- 1/2 bunch of basil, freshly picked
- 1 lemon, juice
- 4-5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp organic honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 goat cheese roll
- 2 -3 tsp organic honey
- Thyme, freshly picked
- 50 g pine nuts
- Some olive oil
- Salt and pepper from the mill
- Place the bulgur in a saucepan and add twice the amount of water and a little salt. Bring to boil in the saucepan, then simmer gently for about 15 minutes at medium heat until the bulgur is cooked.
- Transfer the bulgur into a large bowl and let it cool completely.
- Cut the cucumber and tomatoes into cubes, cut the spring onions into thin slices and add everything to the bulgur. Mix the lemon juice with olive oil, honey, mustard and garlic. Pour the marinade over the bulgur salad. Season the salad well with salt and pepper, and finally add in the freshly chopped parsley and basil.
Sweet potato discs
- Peel the sweet potatoesand cut into discs. Place them spread out on a baking tray. Brush with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven at 180 ° C for approx. 10 minutes.
- Cut the goat’s cheese roll into discs and place one goat’s cheese disc on each sweet potato disc. Drizzle with honey, season with thyme and pepper. Finally spread the pine nuts over the top of each. Bake the discs for another 8-10 minutes.
- Serve the bulgur salad with the baked sweet potato discs.
AND ON THE DINNER TABLE.