CREAM OF ASPARAGUS SOUP WITH NETTLE AND FLOWER GARNISH
Sabrina from Sabrina kocht (Sabrina Cooks) whips us up a very tasty soup. You can find out how to make a delicious cream of asparagus soup here.
- 350g white & green asparagus
- 1 glass of vegetable broth
- 3 tbsp milk
- 3 tbsp whipped cream
- 1 tsp flour
- A few nettle leaves
- A few flowers for garnish
- Peel the white asparagus and cut off the woody ends of both varieties.
- Cut the asparagus spears into pieces, halve the tips lengthways and set aside.
- Heat a little butter in a saucepan, sprinkle with flour, let it froth briefly and pour in vegetable broth.
- Stir in the milk and whipped cream, add salt and pepper and, if required, a pinch of sugar.
- Add the asparagus pieces and let simmer until the asparagus is tender. Then purée with a hand-held blender.
- Add the asparagus tips, simmer briefly again, season to taste and garnish with nettle leaves and flowers.
AND ON THE DINNER TABLE.